Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Yoga

What can benefit you mind and body at the same better than yoga? When you think of someone doing yoga you probably think of a skinny person, a young person, a white person, a female, or perhaps a vegetarian, but those are not the only people that do yoga. Yoga is for everyone! Yes, African Americans, people of bigger built, older people, males, and us meat-eaters as well. As an athlete I am interested in the great benefits. Yoga increases your flexibility, builds core strength, and helps you balance. There are a lot of athletes and even sports programs that practice yoga regularly. http://www.stack.com/2012/09/17/yoga-athletes/ . Though it has great physical benefits you can overlook the mental benefits. It reduces stress, helps you to be happier and decreases depression. It is proven to increase you serotonin levels therefore making you happier and decreasing depression. Here are more benefits of yoga http://www.yogajournal.com/health/163 . I'm adding yoga into my daily routine this week, if you guys have any cd suggestions, or a great place to take a yoga class don't hesitate to comment :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Tony! I have a few Yoga apps, but it's really much better with an instructor. I think there's a class at the Art 634 building, but I have not experienced it myself.

    ReplyDelete